This grant stream is available for groups and individuals undertaking events, projects or research which support APIRG’s mandate and contribute to positive social change. Grants are available up to a maximum of $2000. Some examples of past grant recipients include speaker or workshop series, publishable academic or journalistic research, and community events.
Please read Event/Project/Research Funding Info for eligibility details, stipulations and funding priorities.
A complete application consists of three parts: 1) the application, 2) a full budget, and 3) a budget worksheet outlining which costs you wish covered by APIRG. The APIRG staff are happy to consult with you before you begin an application, or while it is in progress.
- Contact the Programming Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about your eligibility or application.
- Read our Language and Anti-Oppression document to help you write a strong application.
- Complete the application form. If you require paper copies, please contact the Programming Coordinator.
- Attach a full budget for your event when prompted in the form.
- Attach the Budget Worksheet when prompted in the form.
- We will notify you of our decision within 4-6 weeks of the funding deadline
If you have questions about any part of the application process, please contact the Outreach Coordinator at email@example.com. If any part of this process is inaccessible or difficult for you (reading, writing, budgeting, etc) we would be glad to help!
When should I apply?
We approve Event/Project/Research Funding applications in two rounds; Fall and Winter.
Applications for projects happening between November – March should be submitted in the Fall Funding Round. The Fall application deadline is the last day of September, and we notify applicants of our decision by mid-November.
Applications for projects happening between April – October should be submitted in the Winter Funding Round. The Winter application deadline is the last day of January, and we notify applicants of our decision by mid-March.
Our next funding application deadline is January 31st, 2021.
If you’re unsure when to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll talk about it!