This grant stream supports one-time funding and support to help groups and individuals to undertake activities such as a one-time event or a research project to a maximum of $2000. Some examples of past grant recipients include speaker or workshop series, publishable academic or journalistic research, and cultural events which support APIRG’s mandate and statement of values and contribute to positive social change.
Please read Event/Project/Research Funding Info for eligibility details, stipulations and funding priorities.
A complete application consists of three parts: 1) the application, 2) a full budget, and 3) a budget worksheet outlining which costs you wish covered by APIRG. The APIRG staff are happy to consult with you before you begin an application, or while it is in progress.
- Contact the Outreach Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about your eligibility or application.
- Read our Language and Anti-Oppression document to help you write a strong application.
- Complete the application form. If you require paper copies, please contact the Outreach Coordinator.
- Attach a full budget for your event when prompted in the form.
- Attach the Budget Worksheet when prompted in the form.
- We will notify you of our decision within 4-6 weeks of the funding deadline
If you have questions about any part of the application process, please contact the Outreach Coordinator (email@example.com). If any part of this process is inaccessible or difficult for you (reading, writing, budgeting, etc) we would be glad to help!
Please not that our Fall 2019 funding deadline has passed. Our next funding round will be for Winter 2020. Any applications received between now and January 31st, 2020 will be considered for our Winter 2020 funding round.