Volunteering with APIRG
APIRG’s volunteer positions are designed to allow volunteers to develop skills, build relationships, and participate as much or as little as they like. Volunteers work on committees and are actively engaged in decision-making for all projects. Students and non-students alike are welcome!
All volunteers receive orientation including anti-oppression training. Volunteers will receive ongoing support and encouragement from APIRG staff. Until it is safe to gather again, all committee meetings and activities will be happening remotely.
Why volunteer with APIRG?
– Have access to trainings and workshops such as anti-oppression training, consensus decision-making, accessible event planning, outreach and media training, etc.
– Work with a diverse group of students and community members interested in social and environmental justice in a welcoming and non-judgmental environment
– Have a voice in APIRG programming, policy and practices, and work on projects your care about!
– Develop your skills and experience as a community organizer
– Get job and volunteer references from APIRG staff after 10 hours of volunteering
– Free APIRG swag & volunteer appreciation gifts
Current Volunteer Committees:
Library Committee: collectively manages the intake of new books & ebooks, cataloguing, outreach, policy, etc for the APIRG Library. Members get access to trainings and workshops on community libraries, archives, information politics, and more!
Time commitment: 4 – 16 hours per month.
Meme Analysis and Creation Committee: run via the ‘Close Friends list’ on the APIRG instagram page, this committee discusses and selects the finest content for public display. At the same time, we hone our political analysis and communication skills & have a nice time!
Time commitment: 1 hour per month.
APIRG Almanac Collective: This committee will create and curate content for the APIRG Almanac, including art, writing, community resources and anything else we like! Only active from July – October 2020.
Time commitment: 3 – 10 hours per month.