This grant stream supports one-time funding to undergraduate students at the University of Alberta who are not currently receiving any other APIRG funds. This stream provides up to $150 maximum to support with smaller scale costs. Applications are accepting on a rolling basis throughout Fall and Winter semesters. Some examples of how this funding has been used include:
- The Women’s Law Forum accessed $100 to cover food for participants when they booked a workshop with APIRG staff.
- A student organized a hygiene product drive for the Campus Food Bank and accessed the microgrant to pay for printing and supplies.
- A student group organized a workshop series on anti-racism and accessed the microgrant to pay for food, bus tickets and workshop supplies.
Please read Microgrant Funding Info for eligibility details, stipulations and funding priorities.
- Determine if your event/project/research meets APIRG’s funding mandate, outlined in the document linked above.
- Complete the short application form.
- The Outreach Coordinator may contact you for a brief interview, if more information is required.
- You will be contacted within 3 weeks of the application deadline with our decision.
If you have questions about any part of the application process, please contact the Outreach Coordinator (email@example.com). If any part of this process is inaccessible or difficult for you (reading, writing, budgeting, etc) we would be glad to help!