Working Group Funding
We like you to know in advance what our expectations are before you apply to become a Working Group. For full details refer to the General Working Group Information page and the Working Group Agreement. As well, please review the services APIRG provides to find out what resources Working Groups have access to in carrying out their work.
In a nutshell, APIRG Working Groups are required to:
- Maintain a membership that includes U of A undergrad students and hold regular, accessible meetings and/or events,
- Have long-term goals with activities and membership that continue beyond the current academic year,
- Take advantage of many of the services that APIRG provides and help to promote our organization as well as the group’s goals and events,
- Have regular communication with APIRG staff,
- Submit year-end reports and maintain financial accountability to the group and to APIRG.
For more information about Working Groups, email our Working Group Coordinator at email@example.com.
To apply for Working Group status:
1. Make sure you understand the Working Group model, as outlined in the documents linked above.
2. Read our Language and Anti-Oppression document to help you write a strong application.
3. Fill out the working group application form.
4. Attach a full budget for your event when prompted in the form.
5. We will notify you of our decision within 4-6 weeks of the funding deadline.
If you have questions about any part of the application process, please contact the Working Group Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org). If any part of this process is inaccessible or difficult for you (reading, writing, budgeting, etc) we would be glad to help!
Please note that our Winter 2020 funding deadline has passed. Our next funding round will be for Fall 2020. Any applications received between now and September 25th, 2020 will be considered for our Fall 2020 funding round.