Note: These trainings were cancelled due to COVID 19. We look forward to offering them again in the future!
March 17, 6:30 – 8:30 pm: Non-Violent Direct Action Training
Facilitator: Batul Gulamhusein
**description to come**
April 14, 6:30 – 8:30 pm: Consensus-Based Decision-Making Training
Facilitators: APIRG Staff and Board
Consensus-based decision-making is a method by which an entire group of people can come to an agreement. The input and ideas of all participants are gathered and synthesized to arrive at a final decision acceptable to all. Using consensus, rather than voting or hierarchical processes, we work not only to achieve better solutions, but also to promote the growth of community and trust. Consensus-based decision-making is a key skill for collectives who are committed to non-hierarchical, anti-oppressive organizing. Learn about the principles and processes of this decision-making model, and bring these skills back to your own communities!
Both workshops are free and open to the public.
Location: APIRG office (9111 HUB Mall, University of Alberta North Campus)
- Snacks will be provided
- Venue is wheelchair accessible
- ASL translation available upon request
- Bus tickets will be available for participants
- A variety of seating options will be available for participants
- There are unfortunately no all-gender washrooms in the building
- Please note any other accessibility requests or concerns in the registration form, we will do our best to make trainings accessible to you!